We are looking for Accountants (Intermediate and Senior) to provide technical support on audit and review engagements and various other client service engagements.
• The planning and execution of fieldwork for audit and review engagements, including:
o Completion of all planning documents, and the scheduling and leadership of the planning meeting
o Set and work within approved budgets and deadlines
o In conjunction with the manager/partner, devise appropriate engagement program, including risk analysis, the calculation of materiality and appropriate procedures
o Preparing financial statements, including customizing note disclosure as required
o Recognition of accounting issues and working with manager/partner to devise appropriate work plan to address them
o Customization of client correspondence where appropriate, including management representation letter, legal letters etc.
o Deliver completed file and financial statements to manager/partner for review
o Prepare/review corporate tax returns and related checklists. Recognize additional tax filings as required.
o Clear all review notes issued by manager/partner
• Obtain/maintain a strong understanding of clients’ business and respond promptly to and be proactive to anticipate client needs
• Gain appropriate level of tax knowledge, based on position
• Maintain knowledge of Canadian accounting standards and updates
• Pursuing or completion of the Canadian CPA CA designation
• Minimum of 2 years progressive experience in a public accounting practice
• Experience working with mid-market entrepreneurial clients is preferred
• Solid knowledge of accounting software including Caseware/Caseview, Tax Prep, MS Excel
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships
• Organizational skills for prioritizing demands, work flow and meeting deadlines
• Must have a strong commitment to quality
• Solid understanding of business professionalism and the ability to work in a team environment