Job Title: Director of IT
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Fuller Landau is a leading mid-sized audit, tax and advisory firm with offices in Toronto and Hamilton. We are committed to helping entrepreneurs build value, grow their business, and improve their personal net worth. Our internal mission is to offer a collaborative and supportive work environment for all members of our team to enjoy a fulfilling career at Fuller Landau. We continue to work hard to build a dynamic practice that successfully attracts and retains the highest caliber of professionals. As a result of our dedication to fostering a great work environment for our team, we have consistently been recognized as an “Employer of Choice,” as well as a Best Workplace in Canada by The Great Place to Work Institute.
- Leader of the IT Function with 2 direct reports (Senior Systems Analyst, Systems Engineer)
- Collaborate with COO in building an environment for technology enabled processes and services
Ideal candidate is blessed with a client service ethic and business process acumen and can translate our vision into a technology platform to service our clients, our people and our operations.
What FL Needs in a Director of IT
Is this you?
- Inspired by the opportunity to build in a changing environment
- Having an impact in a place that is interested in your ideas
- Proven leadership and an engaged team player who seeks to contribute to the development of corporate strategy
- Client service obsessed – both internally (our own people) and externally (our clients)
- Articulate and patient – able to clearly and succinctly advise a non-technical partner group
Specific Role Requirements / Skills Required
Do these excite you?
- Beyond “keeping the lights on”, develop strategy and advise on how to respond to the technology forces (cloud, ML, automation, etc.) that are reshaping the accounting industry
- Contribute to the development of an environment for technology enabled processes and services – workflow optimization, automation and monitoring
- See the “big picture” and build consensus to execute on key initiatives
- Develop and motivate a high-performance IT team that supports technologically enabled processes and services and is wired with a “client service” ethic - hiring, mentoring, professional development
- Keep us operational and safe – Infrastructure, network, data and security
- Improve and maintain all methods of communications (phone, text, video) allowing us to connect with our clients and with each other
- Manage IT vendor relationships in a cost effective and efficient manner
Can you share your memories of the following experiences?
- At least 5 years of senior IT leadership experience, preferably in a dynamic start-up-like environment – this is not your “first rodeo”, you’ve done it before and can demonstrate the scaling of operations
- Leadership, management, and accountability
- Designing (architecture), building / implementing (systems and procedures) and monitoring (KPI's), with a demonstrated track record for:
Managing change fatigue
- Budgeting and planning
- Vendor sourcing, negotiation and relationship management
Systems Experience in the following:
Have you developed with the following in a production environment?
- Server 2016, 2012
- Office 365
- Windows 10
- MSSQL Server
- Active directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
- VMWare 6.5 and 5.5
- Backup Solutions – Unitrends, Barracuda and Code2 for O365
- Cisco Firewalls with IDS / IDP / VPN, Switches 6509, 3560, 2960
- Cisco Meraki AP's
- Citrix XenApp and Citrix NetScaler
- Citrix Share File
- Skype Phone system
If you are interested in the above position and meet the requirements, please apply online at http://fullerllp.com/careers/